The 2022 NJALL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Is NOW AVAILABLE!
To download the application
The Application, including all required documents documents,
Must be submitted
Postmarked No later than Monday, May 1 6th , 202 2022
* Do you have a student or graduate who could benefit from up to $8,000 for higher education expenses? (See eligibility requirements below)
* NOW is the time to encourage and recommend this
student to apply for a 2022 NJALL scholarship!
NJALL will award two scholarships on June 24th, 2022
Scholarship winners can receive up to $1000 per semester
for full-time enrollment in higher education (pro-rated for part/time),
To a maximum of $8000,
Plus a Bonus for completing a 2-year or 4-year degree.
Scholarship applications are open to anyone,
Regardless of gender, race, color, religion, age, or disabling condition.
For more information and details on eligibility, go to: www.njall.org
New Jersey Association for Lifelong Learning
Annual Conference May 18th – 21st, 2022 (Online)
Due to the continuing pandemic, NJALL’s Annual Conference for 2022 will take place fully online. We will begin with an opening plenary session on May 18th , to be followed by three days of individual sessions. Each day will include multiple workshops on a range of topics.
Registration for the conference is $50.00 per person and will open soon.
Conference Page: Schedule and Registration
Submissions Deadline: March 18th, 2022
Click Here to Download Flyer
The New Jersey Association for Lifelong Learning (NJALL) is holding its sixth annual adult learner writing contest. This year we will award cash prizes in five categories - fiction, non-fiction, memoir, poetry and photography. Several winners will be invited to read their work and receive their awards at the annual NJALL conference in May, 2022. All of the winners and selected other submissions will be published in a free magazine that will be available from our website in the summer of 2022. Winners and their teachers/tutors will receive printed copies of the magazine.
Fiction Non-fiction Memoir Poetry Photography
1st Place - $100 2nd Place - $50 3rd Place - $25
* Eligibility: Adult learners in - adult literacy programs, adult high schools or HS equivalency programs, developmental education programs, English language classes and citizenship classes.
* Learners can submit one piece per category, except for poetry. Learners can submit up to five poems for consideration. Learners can send in submissions for multiple categories.
* All submissions must be original and represent the work of the learner - not the work of their teacher or tutor. Teachers/tutors may help with spelling and grammar, but it should be limited in nature. We are using the honor system with regards to this.
* English language learners can get help with translation, but the work should remain their own.
Submissions need to be received by March 18th, 2022 at email@example.com
The email should identify the category of the submission.
Submissions should include the learner's name and contact information and the name of the program or school they attend. The submission should also include a two or three sentence self-description of the learner. If the learner wishes to remain anonymous or use a pen-name, this information should be provided when the work is submitted. By entering the contest, the learner agrees to have their piece published in the magazine if it is selected.
All those submitting work will be notified of the decisions by April 15th, 2022.
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Acting as a Reviewer
If you are interested in serving as a reviewer, please send an email to email@example.com We are particularly interested in having learners serve on the review committee.
Download Previous Years’ Magazines
2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021